Recreation Academy II
Overview: The emphasis of the CSC Recreation Academy II is to continue building individual technical skills, learn basic principles of play, continue improving agility, balance, and coordination, and provide a fun, safe, learning environment for players to improve. The primary goals of the Rec. Academy II:
- Create a player-centric environment where players have fun learning and developing a love for the game of soccer;
- Help players improve and gain confidence with the ball;
- Teach the basic principles of play in a progression style training format;
- Teach the ideals of sportsmanship, fairplay, respect, and teamwork;
- Develop a growth mindset approach based on deliberate practice and effort;
- Prepare players for the next level.
Rec. Academy II- SFL: Boys & Girls U10-U12 (born 2006-2008)
- Approximate Schedule:
- 7-8 SFL Games*: Mostly Saturdays at various fields in Northern Virginia. Home games played on fields local to Chantilly.
- 2x/week weekday practices*
- Free Play Fridays from 6-7:00 PM*: 9/8, 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/13, & 10/20
- Approximate Start Dates:
- Games (SFL leage games): Saturday, 9/9;
- Practices: Week of 8/28;
- Free Play: Friday, 9/8.
What's included in Rec. Academy II tuition:
- 7-8 weeks Saturday SFL games*;
- 2x/week practices*
- 6 weeks of Friday Free Play*;
- VYSA Insurance;
- CSC practice t-shirt;
- Coaches with age appropriate USSF coaching licenses and criminal backgroud checks.
- Club Dues, League fees, and Administrative fees;
- Free soccer ball
Not included: Uniform** ($45.00); Fairfax County Field User Fees: in-county ($8.00/player); out-of-county ($30.00/player); extra CSC practice shirts ($12/ea)
Registration fee: $125 (price increases: $155 on 7/1; $175 on 8/1)
To register for CSC's Fall 2017 Rec. Academy II program: Click Here.
Due to the exceptionally low cost of the initial Micro-Academy, Rec. Academy I & II, and SFL registration fees, scholarships and financial aid are no longer available. Please register early to take advantage of big savings.
Uniforms will be handed out prior to the first game.
CSC will send an email the third week of August confirming coaches, practice/game times, field locations, and uniform distribution dates.
If you have any questions regarding our programs please contact us at:
Office phone: 703-951-7112
CSC believes volunteer USSF licensed coaches are an integral part of our rec. soccer program. CSC Club TD, Marcelo Gangotena, provides educational opportunites and guidance for volunteer coaches to actively participate in our rec. program. CSC hosts VYSA licensing classes as well as club sponsored clinics (both are free to CSC coaches). Recreation Coaches receive a coaching polo for games and a practice t-shirt for training sessions. Upon successful completion of the season your child's tuition fees will be refunded.
To register to become a coach in CSC's Recreation Soccer Program: Click Here
Questions about coaching?
Please contact CSC Technical Director, Coach Marcelo:
*Weather Permitting when fields are open. Schedule subject to change. Due to time constraints and field availability, make-up games and practices at the team and club's discretion.
**Previously purchased Adidas kit (light blue jersey, navy blue shorts, & red socks) can be used for the Fall 2017 season.