of Players – The maximum number of players for U7 is four players per
team (4 v 4) and U8 is five players per team (5 v 5) with no goal keepers.
Dimensions - The field of play
will be rectangular, with the specific dimensions 30 - 40 yards in length X 20
- 25 yards in width with a midfield (half field) stripe.
– The goals will not exceed 6 x 9 feet and will vary
depending on the field that the match is scheduled.
Ball Size – Number 3 sized balls.
– U8 groups will be given an opportunity through additional training venues such as
crossover club play to experiment with the use of goalies by modifying the
format. The standard for U8 is no
goalkeepers in a 5 V 5 format.
of Play – The kick-off can be played either forwards or backward
from the center spot. Kick off occurs
after a goal and at the beginning of each quarter.
Kicks – Corner kicks are allowed, and will be taken when a
defending player touches the ball last prior to going over the end line.
Kicks – Goal kicks are allowed, and will be taken when an
attacking player touches the ball last prior to it going over the end
line. The ball can be kicked or thrown
– A goal is scored when the ball crosses the goal line. The team that was scored on will take the
– The ball will be restarted by any player on the team that did not touch the
ball last prior to going over the touch line.
Proper throw-ins will be taken.
Penalty Kicks – None.
– A player that blatantly tries to injure an opponent or who continually breaks
the rules should be removed from the game.
The player may be allowed to reenter the game after a cooling off period
at the discretion of the coach and facilitator.
Rule – If a player on either team is on the ground near the
ball, play is to stop immediately allowing the player to get back to his
feet. The game will restart with a pass
from the team that was in possession when play was stopped.
Back Rule – The pass back rule is not in effect for these players and
the goalkeeper (if used) is allowed to pick up the ball when last played by a
teammate. When the ball is played to the
goalkeeper and not picked up, the goalkeeper is considered a field player.
and Slide Tackling – No slide tackling is allowed at this
level, but players can legally slide to play the ball if there is no danger of
injury to an opponent.
– Goalkeepers can use their hands within the goal box. Goalkeepers can distribute the ball by
punting, drop kick, throwing, dribbling or kicking the ball.